My Shrewd Mind

Men who are anxious to win favour of a Prince nearly always follow the custom of presenting themselves to him with the possession the value most, or things they know especially please him, so we often see princes given horses, weapon, cloth of gold, precious stones, and similar ornaments worthy of their position.

Now I am anxious to offer myself to the world with some token of my devotion to humanity, and I have not found among my belonging anything as dear to me or that I value as much as my understanding of the deeds of great men, won by me from acquaintances with contemporary affairs and continues study of the challenging world, these matters I have very diligently analysts and pondered for some times and now having summarized them in this papyrus scroll that has been revived into the superiorly, fully digitized adopting a new name : blog.

Although I consider this work unworthy to be put before humanity, I am confident that there will be some who will be kind enough to digest and accept it, seeing that I could not give others a nore valuable gift than the means of being able in a very short space of time to grasp all that I, with so much affliction and peril, have learned and understood.

I have not embellished or crammed this blog with rounded periods or big, impressive words, or with any blandish or superfluous decoration of the kind which many are in the habit of using to describe or adorn what they have produced; for my ambition has been either that nothing should distinguished my blog, or that it should find favor solely through the variety of its contents and the seriousness of its subject matter.

Nor I hope will be considered presumptuous for a man of low and humble status to dare discuss and lay down the fundamental on how the world should be; because; just as men who are sketching the landscape put themselves down in the plain to study the nature of the mountains and the highlands, and to study the low-lying land the put themselves high on the mountains, so, to comprehend fully the nature of people, one must be a leader and to comprehend fully the nature of leader one must be an ordinary follower.

So, to all, take this little write-up in the spirit in which I send it; and if you read and consider it diligently, you will discover in it my urgent wish for the world to become a better place to stay.
Please accept my fellow courtiers, the assurance of my highest consideration.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment