I Wish

I wish June 7 had never come.

Sure, there are whispers that he was not happy with the way his successor was running the country especially when he realised that the Prime Minister is no longer dancing to his tune. No one expected June 7 to actually happen in this lifetime.

That was the day when Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad came out from ‘retirement’ and launched a tirade against the Prime Minister. He accused the Prime Minister of backpedalling the country’s economic growth by reversing his policies and withdrawing the government’s commitments, which were endorsed and approved during his office.

Since then, things are no longer the same. Many things have changed. I only wish that things would revert to the way that I used to.

I wish that broom would maintain its original function that is to sweep, rather than becoming a collectible item that people give away as a present for one’s ‘excellent’ service. I wish C4 continues to be used to clear up rocks or to defend the country and not to blow up a foreigner. I wish that red paint is use to paint a Chinese house and not splashed at the Chairman of Election Commission, to intimidate him. I wish that yellow remains as a royal colour and not the official colour of any illegal movement.

I wish I can still brag about Malaysia’s stability and smooth changed of premier leadership and questions others on why cannot they do the same. I wish that the mentioned of Dr. Mahathir unleashed a vision of a leader with a tiger stance and acid tongue, fighting against the imperialism of the West, not the notion of someone who is power crazy and senile. I wish for all the interviews and reports by CNN, BBC, CNBC, Al-Jazeera or Bloomberg are about the wonderful happenings in this country and not about the political showdown.

I also wish for a just world and this would end all the sufferings in this world. I wish that I could do something to help the Palestinians. Children who threw stones are being shot dead with live bullets. Is there nothing that we can do? No one tells the Israelis to stop shooting. It is as if the most natural thing for people to do when stones are thrown at them is to shoot the stone throwers dead. And yet these people who tolerate the killing of stone-throwing children advocate endlessly about human right, justice and the rule of law.

I wish that conservative people does not exist. I just hate conservative people who have a rather peculiar habit with innate propensity to discuss an issue with greater alacrity and gusto without having facts to back them up. What a meretricious society they are!

Dear God, please protect me, my family and friends from them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment