An Image of Myself in 10 Years

I must salute my colleagues who perceived this topic as a straightforward topic that can be approached effortlessly. I find it terribly difficult to anticipate the next 10 years of my life. Not that I suffered from the lack off imaginations or aspirations, but the problem is I have too much of them.

Once, I did imagine myself foraying into the world of fatherhood. I always teased my better half, that I wanted a pair of twin, a boy and a girl. The idea to be blessed with a pair of twin, though sounds very daunting, really stimulates my thoughts to the point of euphoric. Before I got carried away with my thoughts, my wife was quick to point out to me that, though she did not object to the idea of having a twin, there had been no record of twin pregnancy in our family, and I must not be disappointed should the outcome of pregnancy does not concur to my dream.

I told my wife that I could only bear myself with the presence of the children until they are 12 years old. When they reach 13, I would send them to various boarding institutions located in different continent with a clear intention for them to learn other languages, cultures, and values. My wife lamented the idea and argued that if that happened, then there is a possibility that I would not be able to converse with them. I told my wife that if she believed that she had made a correct decision by marrying me, she should, therefore, trust my judgement when it comes to children’s education.

Nevertheless, I promised myself that should I become a father in 10 years time, I would become a loving father. I would raise my child or children as my utmost priority and make it a point to spend quality time with my family no matter how occupied I am with work. Maybe by that time, I would have gain a bit more weight here and there, but it would be just enough to allow me to really “throw my weight” around the house to gain authority and secure command in the house from my children. For now, I could only anticipate that having two little ‘monsters’ that look alike, with different sexuality, in the same house, life could only get better. If not worst.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment